Friday, November 17, 2006

I've Got a Crush on You

How is it that kids are getting older younger every single day? The other day, my almost 6 year-old daughter came into the room and here’s what transpired:
My wife: Hey sweetie.

Me: Hi baby, how are you?

My daughter: Good. (giggle) You know what?

Me: Tell me.

Her: Well, there are two boys in my class who have a crush on me.

Mt wife and I look at one another in utter disbelief.

Wife: Oh really?

Me: Who?

Her: Well, William told me that Sam has a crush on me. But so does Micha.

Me: Do you know what a crush is?

Her: (with a crinkled up nose) No.

Me: Okay.

Wife: How does William know that?

Her: Well, because Sam told him. So I looked at Sam and I asked him if he has a crush on me. And he just stared at me, and then he started to smile and then he looked away.

Me: Hmm…I wonder what a crush is.

Mt wife gave me that grin that says “Good one, Daddy.”

Her: Well I don’t know what it is. But Sam likes me. And so does Micah.

Me: Oh, really? And do you like them?

Her: Well, yeah, I like everyone. But I really like Daniel. He’s cute.

Wife: Oh is he really? Wow…

Me: Do you think you’ll marry him?

Her: Maybe.
We’re inclined to wonder if it’s because she’s the youngest one in the class, and maybe the older kids just know it already. Or maybe this, like all other evil, originates on the bus ride. Wherever it comes from, it scares us silly, even though it's also amusing.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger mommyof2 said...

soooo cute but yeah bit scary for parents:-)I know this cuz a girl from my son's class kiss him every time I see them together.. its cute but scary at the same time:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home