Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Really Absolutely Positively Love This Series


Have you ever seen "Charlie and Lola" on Disney Channel? Or read one of Lauren Child's beautifully done books to your kids? I am completely smitten with Charlie and Lola, and I don't really know why.

Perhaps it's because:

- Cheeky and carefree little Lola reminds me so much of my youngest daughter
- Every mini episode is completely spot on with capturing the essence of being a curious, creative 4 year-old
- It depcits a positive interaction between brother and sister
- I adore hearing my little girls giggle and squeal throughout the entire show
- It makes my children ask questions and think further about what the show says
- It's simply a beautiful little show, packed with creative and colorful collage art and charming animation
- I just love their British accents
- I think Lola's friend Lotta's hair is awesome
- Lola's imaginary friend, Soren Lorenson, is peculiarly entertaining (and apparently Danish with that name!)
- The cute little dog's name is "Scissors"
- Lola's stuffed animal is a fox that she calls "Foxy"
- It's a great way for me to have fun spending time with my kids
- It makes me remember being a curious (and cheeky!) little boy
- It's one of the only things worth having DVR for (LOL)

I took my youngest to the Barnes and Noble the other day, and we bought 4 new Charlie and Lola books. And now, I've just stumbled across the website www.charlieandlola.com and spent about 45 minutes with my girls playing cute little games.

We're hooked, and if you're looking for some fun, lighthearted and educational activities, check it out!

2 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Yes! My wife and I love this show. The voices and the look reallymake the show.
We met Lauren Child (the creator) over the summer, she was a very friendly woman.

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this show through and through because it's simply the most wonderfelst show in the whole wide world.

My daughter loves this show. we have been watching this show for over a year now. when it was 15 minutes per episode.

We have the whole show in DVD and we have 3 books.
I think that it is really the bestest show on TV today for kids 3-5.
It really developed her already over developed imagination.

I wish there were more like this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home