Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Taking a Lesson from the Little One

So over the weekend, tables turned, and I received my first tongue lashing from my little one.

I don't quite remember what happened, but apparently I had gotten myself into trouble with my 4 year old. It went something like this, with a haughty and troubled tone:
Her: "MICHAEL! Come in here."

Me: "Excuse me?"

Her: "I said, come in here, MICHAEL. Please."

Me: "Well I'm not sure I like your tone, and my name is not Michael to you, it's Daddy."

Her: "Well...ACTUALLY your name IS MICHAEL."

Me: "Yes, technically, but not to you."

Her: "Well it actually is."

Me: "OK."

Her: "Well...that was absolutely un not ceptible."

Me: "What was?"

Her: "Oh. I don't remember."

So my wife and I are now making an effort to turn down the volume, because the moral of the story, or as they say !CUIDADO! or CAUTION: children repeat not only your big words, but also your big tones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home