Thursday, January 18, 2007

What's on Your Playlist?

Ever been on the train, walking down the street, sitting on an airplane or grocery shopping and seen someone, earbuds on, grooving to their iPod? Ever wonder what they're listening to? A person's playlist can surprise, delight, stir memories, beg question or spur conversation...and always provides a glimpse of who thy are.

Because I have no sense of smell, I tend to have a very sharp sense for situational music, and much the same way people remember the smells associated with various life moments, I can remember what song was playing.

In the spirit of sharing, here's a rundown of the newest playlist (called "steely grey") of a thirtysomething dad:

ride: cary brothers
on my way: ingram hill
so slow: ari hest
ordinary day: griffin house
through toledo: greg laswell
the fear you won't fall: joshua radin
amazed: greg laswell
grow old with me: charles kelley
whole new me: jonathan clay
winter: joshua radin
shut your eyes: snow patrol
all that i know: jackson waters
reason why: rachel yamagata
won't back down: matt kearney
a little time: jonathan clay
one step away: rob blackledge
here's looking at you kid: corey crowder
look after you: the fray
almost honest: josh kelley
sad songs: matt nathanson
one sure thing: toby lightman
the last time: christopher jak

Maybe you'll have a better sense of who I am. Perhaps a surprise, maybe an artist you don't know (yet), maybe one you like too. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Rob Barron said...

Wow. None of those names look familiar to me.

Time to take the word 'Cool' out of my self-descriptors.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

I think I'm "uncool" or somemthing...I've never seen those names either.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger dadinprogress said...

no worries, guys. you're not uncool. it's uncool to spend all your free time on itunes diving way deep and finding never heard ofs like i do. some of them you probably know, just don't know their names. i said to my wife the other night as i was way lost in the "if you like this then you'll also like these" links that it's amazing how many people record albums that never get heard. that's why itunes and following people's recommendations is great, because 8 out of 10 times, if i like one, i usually like the others.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

Great blog and great idea for a post. I liked the idea so much I copied it and put my playlist on my blog. Hope you don't mind.

I linked to you in my post, so maybe the four people who read my blog will come over here, too.

Looks like you're listening to some good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home