Friday, January 12, 2007

My Wife, the Bag Lady

Mom in Progress is acting on entreprenuerial urges and starting a part-time home party business. But not your average run-of-the-mill cooking utensils or fancy body lotions, she found something that's pretty different -- design-your-own handbags. What's cool about it is you're not just buying something already done, but really customizing it to be one-of-a-kind. She gets to try her hand at being her own boss, and I'm going to pitch in and help with some local PR and grassroots buzz.

She just got a big box of samples and the quality is good. Now, I can look forward to two things: 1) hanging out with my girlies while mom goes and does a party and 2) suffering through the parties that are bound to take place here. If anyone in blogland is reading from Connecticut or Western Mass and wants to learn more, hit me at dadinprogress@gmail.com and I'll hook you up with my resident bag lady.

We'll see how adding one more thing to our already hectic lives pans out, but I suppose it's always good to have a little diversion...after all, I'm a blogger.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Good Luck!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger wayabetty said...

I've heard about that business. A girl can't have enough hand bags. I'm in the North Shore so not sure how far Western Mass is. Around Worcester area?

Good luck to your wife, that's very exciting!!

And since you work for LEGO, I think I mentioned this before that our two sons love love Legos and would love to go bk to LegoLand some day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home