Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Clocking Back In

I'll admit it, I've been a bad blogger. And maybe not such a great dad lately. And by great, I guess I mean present.

I've been crushed with work lately, and we finally launched a program we've been working feverishly to pull together, so I have a little bit more breathing room. Between my and my wife's travel, we've been a veritable volleyball of surviving -- Did we pay the bills? Who's watching the kids? Did we miss some special dress-up day at the camp? Did we feed the cat? Did you water the flowers, because they're almost dead.

But we're back in business now. And I've been having fun with a few of my new toys that are helping us all have more family time together.

Mii Got the Wii
My most wonderfully awesome wife got me the much anticipated Wii that has been so elusive since December for Father's Day, and I have to say, it is everything I imagined and more. AND, it REALLY IS a good workout if you play the right game. I have especially enjoyed Wii Boxing -- you know, pummeling the crap out of someone just because you feel like it. We all have been loving Wii Bowling, and last night I must have spent almost 2 hours playing Mario Party 8, which is mindlessly juvenile but intoxicating just the same. I am especially pleased with how quickly the kids have picked it up, and have to say my little Fiona is a whiz at almost every game she plays...much to her sister's consternation. What's awesome is that we ALL are able to play together, blow off some steam and have fun!

I'm a Grilling Fool
I guess I never really believed that a good grill made a difference, but we kicked off the summer with a luxury purchase of a new Weber grill. We have NEVER had a nice grill before. And YES, there is a difference. We opted for the Weber Genesis, a pristine combination of form, function and beauty that makes its presence on our deck almost heavenly. It has the gas burner on the side for a pot of corn -- or, if we're lucky some weekend -- a pot of crabs. And I think we've grilled next to everything under the sun in the last month. AND, we've increased the amount of family dinners, which is a nice and welcomed change.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Dad Stuff said...

Does your new grill actually have lights on the lid?
If it does, I'm gettin' one!
Happy Summer.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Wii for me but I did get the new grill on the 4th. All is right with the world again.

Glad you've got some breathing room. Enjoy it.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

I haven't bought Mario Party 8 (i'm too afraid of what I may become...)

I'm still addicted to Tennis though.

You'll have to send me your code, we'll swap Mii's

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Mitch McDad said...

Ahh...we men and our grills! I've been eyeing a new one for a while now. Just always seemes to be something else that steps in front of it. I may just have to pull the trigger.

Enjoy yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home