Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Virtual Veritas

I stumbled across a new fascination: an online confessional for dads, and an online confessional for moms. I am pathetically addicted to reading the musings, lamentations and one-liners of dads and moms who are living the challenge of marriage with children.

I've been howling at some of the funny ones, frowning at the shameful ones and feeling deeply bad for the ones that seem so...desperate. But what I can't help but feel is some sort of comfort in knowing that those small moments when things seem so great -- or so bad -- aren't just my moments.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Darren said...

Very well said. I just found the dads' confessional today through a link on another blog. I must have spent at least 30 minutes reading.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Some of those confessionals are creepy.

I may think of something, but in a way, I don't want to be affirmed of it by others.
Then the guilt would go away. And what's parenting without a little guilt?!!

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I poked around a bit last week. I'm just not sure that reading them really does me any good. I either feel bad for them or want to help in some way.

I don't know. Maybe I just felt creepy reading them.

I thought it funny that 90% of the dad postings were sexual in nature. We men just don't change, do we?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home